1. Start with dried hair and spray heat protectant spray. I like to use Pantene's heat protectant sprays! Put up the top half of your hair. If you're going to be putting in extensions, make sure to tease your hair now, before you start curling!
2. Using a small barrel curler, curl 1-2 inch sections of hair. Make sure hair is evenly spread when it is in the curler, as shown in Figure 1. Roll up to the root and hold for 15 seconds (2). Start slowly pulling down, and if your curler has a clamp, rapidly clamp it to loosen up the curl a little (3). Pull all the way out to get a curl (4)!
3. Continue curling the bottom half of your hair. After you do each curl, spritz it with hairspray.
4. If you're putting in extensions, put them in once the bottom is done!
5. Let down the top half and tease before you curl! I tease the crown and sides ^-^ When curling, curl the pieces around your face away from the face, so it frames it nicely!
6. When all hair is teased and curled, run your fingers through to break up the curls, so that it looks more natural! Finish with hairspray!
Unfortunately, my camera died so I couldn't get a pic of the final result. But, here's an older pic in which I have the same hairstyle! I did all the same steps shown here. :)